The Bjargtangar Lighthouse (Icelandic: Bjargtangaviti) is a lighthouse located on the cliffs of Látrabjarg in northwestern Iceland. It marks the westernmost point of Iceland and is the westernmost building of Europe.
The first lighthouse in Iceland was built on Valahnúkur in Reykjanes in
the year 1878. By 1905 earthquakes and surf had damaged Valahnúkur
so much that there was the risk of the lighthouse falling into the sea.